Thursday, March 02, 2006

It feels like you were there yourself, work it out

This morning I went for a jog through Green and Hyde Park. A good idea in theory. ("In theory communism worked"). I think it was around 1 or 2 degrees. On arrival I noted that several of the small lakes were FROZEN.

Half way down the river Dare cropped up on my Ipod.. I suddenly felt myself running back along the Torrens River with the sun beating up over the hills pushing to make the time I had set the fortnight before in Corporate Cup. And today my running anthem helped me over the line again (not to mention also bringing back memories of Moonta & the showers at DECS!!).

I ran into Dan on the way in this morning and he almost died at the sight of my kit..
'Errrr you were dressed as if you were going to The Commonwealth games in Melbourne. I've never seen the likes of it!!!'. Apparently it wasn't just me who thought I had gone mad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only time one should run is when the happy hour prices start at the bar, they call last drinks or theres only one Paley left in the esky!

Cheers & Beers
Six in 06

Rez said...

You raise an extremely good point.. and if there WERE easily accessible bottles of Coopers lying around here I'd be running hurdles to grab them!