Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We always seem to worry, life's becoming such a flurry

Current music: Powderfinger - Got You On My Mind

So much to say, so little time to do it in. I know what you're thinking.. unemployed, how can she have no time?! WELL! I'll have you know I've been quite busy of late (I did actually manage to get in my first viewing of Neighbours last night - MY GOD how fucking bizarre).

Since V's 30th it's been quite a whirlwind.. I've met loads of new people (at the DIRTY DOG!!), we've had Carly fresh off the boat staying with us, Carol has come back from NZ (so we've finally met our infamous missing housemate!), Leah is due back this weekend, Courts has gone to Manchester, I've finished up at Threadneedle (all the while they've been trying to coax me back with a contract - can you bear to live without me for a further 13 months?!), we've booked our trip to Barcelona to see Tool (DID I MENTION MY EXCITEMENT?), I've missed out on Reading tickets but am considering paying 200quid for secondhand ones, we nabbed Placebo tickets for tonight - ARGH!!, I'm seeing Christer tomorrow which will be amaaaazing.. first person from back home I've seen in 5 months and then Thursday Andy and I are off to gay Paree - could I be more excited??


As it stands I believe our itinerary looks something like:

Thur 13/4 - Eurostar into Paris around 6pm, make our way to our accommodation, dump stuff then check out the Tower at night (arghh I already have goosebumps).
Fri 14/4 - Red eye start, do the Tower, Champs-Elysees, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Diana memorial and basically see the city centre and river.
Sat 15/4 - Up to Montmatre check out Moulin Rouge, the Sacre Coeur, the red light district and the like, then off to the west siiieede to the Pere Lachaise cemetary to see Jim Morrisons grave (we're so hippies right now) then off to bed early for...
Sun 16/4 - Euro Disney!!! I'm unashamedly excited about this - on par with climbing the Eiffel Tower (step by step... thanks Andy!). For only 30 quid I'm gonna do every ride til I puke.
That leaves us with a lazy Monday morning to make our way into town and Eurostar it back home. (followed by another week of nothingness then off to Turkey - what a hard life!!).

Well, unfortunately as scrappy as this entry is I don't have time for my usual wit and sarcastic quips.. I have exactly 12 minutes left and I still haven't checked my bank balance. On second thoughts, perhaps I should stick around and do a spelling check or something..

Much love to youse all - and anyone hanging in Port Pirie tomorrow go and see Living End perform at the One Night Stand... God knew it would happen the year I wasn't around.. so angry!!!

Mwah
XX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how's that, one of my mates organised the one night stand

In the battle of the twisties, original lost to chicken by three goals, which is both bogus and sad. On the up, I got a drink card for my efforts.... In the ensuing next 33 hours, between post match drinks and the yearly social game of cricket, I was sober for a grand total of 1 hour

Rez said...

I'm glad to see that even in my absence you can go on such lengthy benders, 33 hours, I'm highly impressed. I'll get back to you in June the week of Foo Fighters in Hyde Park, I'm fairly certain I won't be sober at all (hey, while the suns up it's not unreasonable to drink - not my problem if it never sets during summer)

P.S. - Original losing to chicken is a travesty. I won't have it.