Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rain, rain, go aw.... err FUCK OFF

So it's the middle of July (summer in the northern hemisphere) and the weather forecast is bleaker than ever. Currently it's extremely overcast and has been threatening to rain all morning. This past week we've had bursts of hot sun whereby we all go madly running into any grassy patch we can to soak up said rays only to have to turn around and sulk as soon as the clouds come back. I feel cheated and often wonder why the hell I am still here.

Speaking to friends on van tour (who are approximately between Portugal and Spain right now) only reiterates the poor choice I made of wasting my money during winter. Not being able to join them is punishment, but with news the crew will hit Croatia late August/early September I am planning on keeping a small part of my small (thank you impending recession) bonus to join in on some of the fun.

I can't be completely distressed about things.. it was only two months ago that I was on a 10 day vacation through Holland and Germany which, for the most part, was complemented by 30+ degree heat. I know we live on a small channel island but come on England, pull finger and show me some effing sun!!!


(And in other news trips to Latvia and the US have also been confirmed...)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

GGGGday!! Love catching up on your blog... he he he ... weather no good ay?!?! Well... you will be pleased to know that it is most definately winter here :-)rainy and cold... oh yeah... it is summer your way isn't it!!! Port v Crows this weekend... Go you crowies... Probably won't be much of a game anyway. Port evidently must have recruited from the 'institute for the blind and mentally challenged'. xoxo