Monday, November 28, 2005

46 hours and counting

Insurance is done, phone is done, packing is... half done. I'm fairly certain I'm ready to roll and now that I've acquired the handheld version of tetris there ain't
no stopping me!

***

No matter how people that have done this before try and prepare you it just doesn't do the emotional rollercoaster you experience justice. Maybe I'm a little more prone to nervousness or anxiety than others but I've still got my brave face on. Check back with me on Wednesday and that could be a very different story. That said, apart from selling my car I haven't got any worries left. I have money in the bank (well... some), 2 job interviews lined up and somewhere to stay when we land. I'm thinking it'll be the weather that'll primarily knock us for six.

I'm, oddly enough, really excited about the plane ride. I can't stand flights between Adelaide and Melbourne and the Canberra flight was a stretch but the whole idea of boarding a craft about 3 times the size of those and being in 4 different countries within 23 hours has me feeling a sense of anticipation.

***

Tomorrow is our last day in Canberra and unfortunately I still haven't seen the sights. I would have loved to visit the War Memorial, Parliament House and the National Gallery. I'm hoping I can fit something in tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I'm thinking more and more that I'd like to go on an Australian adventure after I return from Europe. But, that's just slightly further ahead than I should be looking right now.

Off to write a few more emails while we are blessed with online access (oh how I miss regular emails) then I MUST pack. Hmm... maybe tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a wise man once said, "Beers in the airport lounge count towards your total" - David Boon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you're finally going! (and a little jealous)

I wish we could have spent some real time together before you went. I miss you! I love you! Be safe!

Jen xox

Rez said...

Hamish you'll never change. And as I once said "If I break the seal mid flight they can't prove it was duty free'.

Rez said...

Jen, missing you as well. Absolutely love London and all it has to offer. I'll be back soon enough though, I can see my time here will fly by!