Sunday, November 27, 2005

So, Canberra.

Purveyor of the finer 'arts', fireworks and young athletic types. I like Canberra, I prefer Adelaide (something I thought I'd never say) but it's been good to relax somewhat over the past few days.

Doing last minute shopping and packing. Bought one big arse jacket today half off, very groovy (ha), there will be no need to try so hard to look good in the UK if everyone is walking around sporting this kind of garb. We had a practice run of sorts this afternoon, it absolutely pelted down and we ended up experiencing an hour long hailstorm. Somehow I think the UK is going to be a little more than what I expected.

Surprisingly I'm dealing quite well with bundling whats left of my wordly posessions into a backpack and heading off to a foreign country. I have no fears of flying and look forward to the massive change. Will miss everyone DEARLY but know they're only a call away. It was harder than I thought to say goodbye.. I haven't cried so much for a while, but the tears quickly subsided when I realised I was going to be ok.

So, 4 days left in home sweet home then we're outta here.

I look forward to snow, royalty, trash UK mags, accents and new slang, the tube, wearing beanies 12 hours a day, roast at xmas time... when there's finally a need for it and new beginnings.

Lets see if my thinking on any of this changes in the next few weeks.

Adios (or should that be Toodle Pip?)
x

2 comments:

Rez said...

You would love Canberra. I'll leave it at that ;)

Thanks for the recommendation, need something else for the plane, I'll keep an eye out.

Aww.. you haven't found fill ins yet? Actually, no, noone could replace us!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you finally got yourself a "big arse jacket" ....it'll go well with the blizzards they are experiencing there at the mo :)

I'd go with what Drex said...1984 rocks.....otherwise try on the Count of Monte Cristo for size....the book not the film.....its a great read and should last you about 3 months or so in between drunken nights out :)

Forgot to mention when we last spoke.....when in the UK make sure you go and see a live soccer match...preferably one of the bigger games....it'll blow your mind!

Love the site, miss the laughter......enjoy :)