Monday, June 12, 2006

DOWNLOAD 2006

Well, needless to say the weekend just passed was one of the best of my life. I am still trying to work out how far we travelled and how many connections we missed (hehe - don't blame me Towsty.. my hair has to be done!!!). Despite a few ups and downs it was a fucking awesome weekend.

To be brief the highlights were Metallica capping a day at Download - an OUTSTANDING two hour set (I find myself becoming a fan more and more everyday). They decided to mark their 20 year (OMG) anniversary of Master of Puppets by playing the ENTIRE ALBUM from start to finish. To top that off they played all the classics after (which involved fireworks during One and Sandman... NOT amused Tallica).

This was followed by TooL in Glasgow the next night. We lined up for an hour to get in then stood for another hour before the show started - it couldn't have been more worth it - second row, that close to the front you could make eye contact with all of the band (I SWEAR Maynard and I had a moment!). I'll write more later but lets say when Andy caught the bottle of water Justin threw into the crowd we were transformed into screaming teenage girls (AT especially).

The only downside to the whole weekend - and it was a huge disappointment - was Korn's Jon Davis was unable to attend due to being admitted to hospital for something quite serious, apparently (well, I checked it out today and it does sound quite bad). Anyhow, the rest of the band came out, apologised, then played half an hour of Korn Karaoke with singers of other supporting bands lending a hand, but it just didn't cut the mustard. Korn are nothing without him.

More later... I'm stil recovering from the sunburn (yes, it "soared" to 28!!) and mental/emotional draining.

Jarrod I will find a way to call from the Apollo tomorrow night - promise!

***

Oh and Carls welcome to the blog world... now I'm advertising for you, you HAVE to post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to set the record straight... I believe it was me he was looking at.

Rez said...

Back in your cage!!!