Monday, February 06, 2006

Times like these..

Current music: Reel Big Fish - Song #3

Well, well.. it's been four days since my last post and I know everyone is on tenderhooks just waiting for my next installment.

Where shall I start. Well, today I tried to book Reel Big Fish tickets, doing the little old Rez trick of waiting til it's TOO FUCKING LATE. That's right. All gone!! Fucking devastated. Have got constant watch on Gumtree, Ebay and any other site that could possibly offer an consolation.

In more happy music news Dad emailed me today informing me that my Living End CD/DVD had arrived and it would soon be on it's way.... I'M SO BIG KEV. This only adds to the excitement of purchasing an I-Station on the weekend. Best 60quid I ever spent. I am officially the happiest little punk ever.

On the contrary I was not my usual happy self this weekend, nor have I been for the past few weeks. I've been trying to keep my homesickness quiet, mostly because if I mention it people tell me to get over it, but Sunday things really hit home and I could have quite easily booked a ticket home. I think it was a combination of tiredness, hungoverness, nervousness and too much time to think. That coupled with Matt calling (I'll take this moment to say thanks Matt.. you're the one person I've heard from regularly and its always a comfort..) was too much for little muggins here.

Anyhow, apologies and thanks to anyone who got messages from me.. your words of praise/wisdom/hugs made me see how silly I was being. Most of all it made me realise the day my little brother was supporting me and being the grown up I had to pick myself up and soldier on! That said I've decided I want to book a trip somewhere, anywhere, to give me something to look forward to. Afterall, that's why I'm here. Reading the TNT this morning on the tube inspired me to book a trip to Turkey for ANZAC Day. Most importantly I think that both Vanessa and Towsty won't be going. I'll be completely alone on travels for the first time and I think it will be the best thing I've ever done. Scary but exciting at the same time.

Now, to more happy news... THE SPOTTED DOG!!! For the first time I visited our local. It was Megs' 22nd birthday (well it was today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGSY!) and we celebrated in true Aus bogan style. After a 250 quid night out at the local restaurant it was off to the Dog. Leah and I made a pit stop at the Crown, met Dave (a guy from rugby) who was absolutely MAGGOTED, made him buy 3 or 4 rounds, as you do, then trotted off.

On arrival at the Dog my first impressions were that of a normal, local, pub. Until I entered the underground 'club'. MY GOD. This place was about the size of Thebby Theatre. And just as rocking. All I remember is succesive shots of sambucca with Leah - we are SO not ever allowed to drink together again... this girl is the devil!! Around 4.30am we were up on the blocks screaming along to System of A Down, RATM and Metallica and there were snakebites galore - bleeeeeerrrch. It all ended rather nastily with Fosters and Foo Fighters (thanks to the I-Station WHICH DID I MENTION I LOVE SO MUCH). I swear to god I will not be drinking this weekend.

Now I'm all recovered and it's back to work... the most hectic work ever. At least I'm busy, it's good experience and it's great pay. Wednesday night we're off to see Chelsea take on Everton. Vanessa and I have officially become bandwagoning Chelsea fans - especially as the two Brit males we know so well both endorse them wholeheartedly. A trip to the merchandise stand will see us complete our look... although somehow I can't fight off the urge to take my Power scarf..

Well kids, as this PC has no USB port you'll have to wait yet again for photos, and trust me, they are worth the wait. It's off to Sainsburys then home to cry myself to sleep for not getting RBF tickets sooner ;(


OHHHHHHH and.... Tool - if I haven't mentioned a thousand times before - have begun being mentioned a whole lot more in conjunction with many summer festivals and tours... ohhhh I drool at the thought.

Nighty night my lovelies
X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gorgeous One...

Glad to see you are soldiering on despite your overwhelming homesickness. I miss you!

My job is ok but I am sad to say I dont love it. Maybe given time... I was suffering my own version of homesickness today. I was sitting at the computer and could feel the tears pricking my eyes. Pathetic huh? The people are very nice but they just arent you and Nikki!

I console myself with the knowledge that come May next year, I can get on a plane and whiz off to sunny old Ireland and leave the job behind for six week. Hey, I have a british passport. I could always stay. Know of any good jobs for briefing officers in your neck of the woods?

I am still working on the weight. 16kg and counting! See... totally pining for DECS (now isn't that just the definition of tragic???)

So, whats the news on Dan? There has been no more I notice in your blogs - which I check avidly given I have taken up living vicariously through others! Keep me posted. You have my email.

Gotta run, sleep beckons so I can rush in for another day at a job that strikes me as inordinately ho-hum. I so love my life!

Stay well. Love ya!

Judi

Rez said...

Hey there chicky!!

Glad to hear the weight is going well... I expect photos!

As for missing DECS... come on girl!! And just think, Nikki has been all but abandoned at her end also.

Hmmm re Dan, check your email. In fact, I'm going to respond to you that way as you took the time to write so much!

Love to ya & bring on Ireland!!
X