Sunday, July 30, 2006

Adelaide.. how I love thee

(I got this forwarded to me the other day, apart from reminding me why I love Adelaide it reminded me why I don't annoy you with group emails)

++++++

I'm sick of all these emails flying around from the travellers overseas, so I reckon we send this one back...

Hi Everyone!!!

Just a quick email to let you all know what a great time we're having!!!!

Adelaide is just awesome - there's so much to do!!!! The people are friendly and the sights are great but I don't know if I could live here.

Yesterday we went to the famous silver balls and they're so much bigger than I expected!! It was really freaky to see all the landmarks you've seen in films your whole life - the renaissance tower, the rundle arcade and of course the pigs. We did soooooo much shopping and I can't believe the variety of shops in the Myer Centre!!! Shops like Wacko, Billy Baxters and Bras & Things had us shopping for minutes on end....

On Monday, we went to the Barossa Valley which was soooo romantic. We tasted wine and then....tasted some more wine - it was great!! It was such a great atmosphere!!!!!!

On the weekend we hit the bustling nightlife in the city. Things got pretty scary cos the city is sooooooo packed and there are people everywhere!!! We went to this massive club called church and I swear there was over 30 people in there!!!! (LOL.. my favourite bit) I had to leave early cos it was just tooooooo packed but I had a great time. We then went to this place called the Alberton Hotel. That was HARDCORE. It was a really exclusive club and the dress code was very strict. They almost didn't let me in with my kappa trackies and thongs, but luckily after I
realised that there was no bouncer we managed to get in.

On the Sunday I was so hung over I just stayed home and relaxed and I think everyone in Adelaide did the same cos I heard there was no one around - man, this city knows how to party!!!

Tomorrow, we're going to the big one - that's right, the statue of Colonel Light. I can't believe the day has finally come when I'm going to see it and I'm definitely going to do the touristy thing and stand next to it pointing. (HAHAHA)

Well I've got to let you all go cos we're off to the Ice Arena and maybe on to the brewery to look at Vulcan, but I don't know - I don't know if we're gonna have Enough time....

See ya all in a few weeks and I can't wait to show you both the photos.

Luv ya

Anth
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

+++++

Gold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B How come we had to stay out to 4:30 last night?
D We didn't get home at 4:30, we came home straight after the club
B Yes, we stayed there after it closed
D (Notices bucket at the side of the bed)
D Hmmmm, I fail to recall

The events that preceeded was the 150th against the scumbags of hackham.... Please, they had one guy sent of for kicking someone on the ground, I got hit from behind in the chevy chase - behind play too(no claret), got up and he was gone!!!!

Rest assured, the red and gold prevailed and we kicked their dole checkered butts out of the park

That night, numerous free drinks with the 150th, did not place in the annual Miss Morhpies "Surely I was the people's choice" Featured a lovely pink number in the casual wear and some blue in the swim wear (blonde wig)

I know the owners of the Alberton, tis not a bad pub (risking ridicule)

I must say, you've been lacking in the story tellin of late....