Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Destination nowhere (Pt. 2)

Well. We knew it was a possibility, but when it became actual fact the disappointment set in. Friday night, after three hours of sitting on the cold concrete that is the upper carpark at Heathrow, we found our flight to Amsterdam had been cancelled. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe how we were feeling. For weeks all I had wanted to do was to get out of London and visit Europe again. It was not to be. It seems, for now, I'll have to make do with memories of last weekend's fleeting visit to Birmingham.


In brighter news, Reading is only 10 DAYS AWAY. I can't believe how close it is.. I can smell the muddy fields from here. I'm still trying to acquire a tent (hello Ebay. I was caught up in a bidding frenzy this morning... some deviant outbid me with 3 seconds left. Little do they know a better tent (with accessories.. HA!) is now up for only 99p. Get in.). We've pre-ordered our cases of cold Carling to help us settle in on day one. Only thing left to do is buy some gumboots and we've got ourselves a festival people.

The next 10 days are actually event filled in themselves. I've got a lunch on for one of my friends who is getting married, we're putting down the final deposit on our new place and we're off to the Reddy this weekend for Megs' farewell. Next Tuesday, there'll be tears and beers as we have a final dinner with our head honcho Megsy. Jarrod arrives on Wednesday, bright eyed and bushy-tailed (haha, I'm optimistic! no ipod and no laptop make Jarrod, something-something. Damn terrorists). Thursday as we wave goodbye to Megs we'll have a day to deal before packing up our minimalist backpacks and trudge through the mud puddles for the best weekend ever!!!

Ok... now back down to earth to continue counting down the hours until my next auction... 9 hours, 23 mins....

No comments: