Thursday, August 10, 2006

Destination nowhere

I go to Turkey, my credit card gets stolen the day before. I go to Barcelona, I leave my Australian Passport behind. I go to Amsterdam, terrorists decide to try and blow up 10 planes and Heathrow goes into shutdown mode!!!

Well, that's a little dramatic, and I'm sure we'll get there, it's just concerning when you're watching live feeds from Heathrow where the (already long and hideously treated) lines are snaking around the departures lounge and right back through security.

As of now all European short haul flights to and from Heathrow are suspended until 3pm this afternoon. No hand luggage is allowed on board (except absolute essentials such as passports, medication, wallets) which must be carried in plastic bags given out by the airlines. Everything else must be checked in (say goodbye to the idea of self-check in grrr) and everyone must be hand-searched and x-rayed. For fucksake!!

I'm by no means psychic (and you can leave the jokes out about being psycho), but I forsee long, looooong waits tomorrow night. Exactly what I need after a week of no sleep and long days at work. Ahhhh.

No comments: