Sunday, October 22, 2006

The boys are back in town

Yesterday we saw Port take on Geelong at Brit Oval ("where we took back the Ashes" ... excuse me while I vomit on myself). Luckily it didn't rain and we had a good view of the ground. Unluckily, Port lost by a few goals but we at least got some live footy action (which has been sorely missed)

Brit Oval

Which reads "In affectionate rememberance of Australian Cricket which died at the oval on 12th September, 2005. Hugely celebrated by a large circle of laughing Englishmen & women. RIP The body will be cremated and the ashes will forever be displayed at Lord's and never be taken to Australia". HAR HAR HAR...

The ground. 20,000 capacity, a lot smaller than I thought.

Leah and I just having a few quiet Saturday evening beverages amongst friends at the Walkabout.

Oh, and who do we have here?? Why it's Chaddles! (a.k.a Capt Hotstuff), fancy that.

And his mate, Tredders (what a highly attractive unbuttoned shirt.. WKW! (Blerch)). He was actually one of the nicer guys.. he asked me how long I was planning to stay in London.. I said if Port make the finals I'd be home in a flash ;)



More to follow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go the legs

Rez said...

Go the Hawks of Hackham

Anonymous said...

You be-artch!!!!!!! Bet ya' hugged Choco as well..... grrrr but hugs anyway ma

Anonymous said...

Last night witnessed the missus play for the roos, midweek netty. Classy red and yellow lycra. WKW!!!

Rez said...

Your missus must be proud to Mrs.VdI Dutchy

Rez said...

Aye that I did touch Choco... WHILST DRINKING A SNAKEBITE. Proudest day of my life *sniff*