Saturday, October 07, 2006

Worksop (a stones throw from Sheriff of Nottingham's place)

Pronounced 'Warsop' not 'Warksop' (as some might say. not me of course.)

4 hours from London and I was living it up with Kazza in her hometown. Unfortunately, I only had about 5 hours there, so we got straight to business and headed for the nearest pub. It was very surreal physically being with someone from home.. and my second mum of all people! We, unfortunately, spent a lot of our time talking about Matt (no nasty, we weren't blowing sunshine up your arse) and how I will be missed at Christmas dinner (apparently the Johnny Walker 'incident' from '04 has not been forgotten).

Since Kazza is not good at goodbye's I lightened the mood by opening the doors after I got on the train and shouting down the platform "See you in Adelaide Kazza!! And don't forget my potato bake!!!" (which she PROMISED would be ready and waiting). I'm counting down the days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Left the ipod at home today, spewing....

In a classy southy moment, saturday had our presentation dinner down at the bay, booked a room for the night, next day woke up at 10am with 3 hours sleep and 10 seemingly dead, but apon further inspection, comotose on the floor, beds, and couch... oh, and a phone covered in cheap burboun.

Here's the four day:
Today
17° | 11°

Tue
Clear
22° | 16°

Wed
Clear
32° | 23°

Thu
Clear
37° | 17°

Tell Pandy I said hi

Anonymous said...

Allow me to share both an interesting and completely random musing...

I am sure that the average guest would be more than a little curious as to the ‘whys and hows’ by which a four litre bottle of golden canola oil finds itself mysteriously placed centre on every table at… well, lets just say …a wedding reception?

This would seem strange… unless of course there was some kind of story of highly ingenious use for the golden canola that attached significance to the bottles being there.

I'm sure the guests (especially in-laws) would be eager to here an explaination... That i'm equally sure someone would gladly provide.

Anonymous said...

Touche my russian friend, straight to the gulag for me. Only a northerner would listen and tell. It's what seperates the Southy's from the rest....

Anonymous said...

I would only tell out of pure admiration.
I have nothing but complete respect for such problem solving ingenuity!
I am but a humble northerner in the face of such resourcefulness.