Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm alive!

Yesterday I had the best day. I felt special about being in London again.

The morning started with Carol and I walking from our house through Notting Hill, Kensington Palace Gardens and Hyde Park to get to work. Then at lunch I decided to try my hand at walking to Borough Markets - mmm!! After working here for over a year, I only just found out last week that you could walk there and back during a lunchtime.... and I got to walk across London Bridge to get there! (going past The Monument on the way).

It was a successful trip - I came back with presents for Carol... huge, organic tomatoes for our dinner, yum!! After work I met Carol, Azz, Dyl and some of their mates to check out Sir John Soane's Museum in Holborn (free between 6-9pm on the first Tues of every month). Despite waiting in the cold for 40 minutes, we were pretty happy to do something different for a change after work.. and it was so worth it. What a quirky little place!

We finished off the day by all trooping home and making one of our fave's... fajita's!! (complete with Borough Market vegies).

Perfect day.

Oh, and as I was getting ready for bed I was chatting with my temporary roommate Bridget (she found us on gumtree). She was thanking me for letting her stay and saying how much she loves our house and will be sad to go. I'm really glad I didn't judge her right off the bat and automatically think "Nah, let's find someone else", just because she was British and sounded a bit 'posh'. It's yet another reminder of how I have changed over this past year.

After only two weeks with us she wants to go to the Reddy on Friday night... who said I couldn't positively influence someone's life?!

No comments: