Thursday, September 28, 2006

Oh happy days

Today (and it's only 2:30pm), I've already had three moments that made me smile.Now, you may not think this is worth blogging about, but I for one am making a stand. The other night I caught the tube (after the usual delays) and I stopped to listen to the things in my head.... continual bitching, moaning, complaining.... no wonder I don't crack a smile on the tube. Surely there is more to life than this!). So I made it a point of watching out for the good things day to day rather than the negatives.

Todays Top 3
- A lady at work (who, I don't even know her name, but she ALWAYS talks to me... perhaps I introduced myself in a drunken state one Friday night drinks sesssion?) stopped me in the lift to comment on my shoes "they're so unusally cute!". I had no choice but to reply "Just like me!". It's the little things.
- Matt ringing me to talk about getting to London at some stage. It will happen. I know it will. It has to!!
- Cazza emailing me about tonight "Lets meet at oxford circus at 6? Then we can go hummus and be at the place (perhaps with a drink in between (champagne only one point, and surely hummus is good for you?)". I love when people respect what you do for yourself and make an effort to include that in their plans.
- Oh, and I just thought of a fourth hehehe.... Andy FINALLY realising what I had him listed in my address book as. Hahaha!


Ok, back to the grind... only 2.5 hours then it's hummus and Blair live on stage. Ahh!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only wonder and laugh at the possibilities of your reference for andy

who's the random in the photo you sent next to andy and your good self.... Wondering about the mystery suspect at home, and thought, was that the BW, but a double check prevailed

26 C - Can get away with polo's here... classy purple number today

How come almost everyone I know ends up with nickname.... dinner for Toby's birthday produced such notables attendees as:
- Princess Bitter
- Vladimir the G*y russian informant
- Rough Justice aka Tough Justice
- Mystery snatch
- Nasty Guys

30th on Sunday night... alcholoic slushees, need I say more

Rez said...

He must've been pissing me off the day I entered him in.. he is listed as 'Andy Pandy' hehehe

The 'random' was Nikki (from CE's office). So NOT the BW!! Ewww!!

26? I loathe you. Yesterday morning the weather cracked here... it's back to winter coats and scarves on the way to work...


Did you play a hand in administering the nicknames by any chance?? You have a gift. Don't deny the world of it. I'd like to get my hands on Rough Justice (if he or she is male).

Alcoholic slushies... mmmm. Tonight I'm off to a cocktail event, FREE ALCOHOL. Dear lord let everything be ok tomorrow.