Friday, November 17, 2006

Shorter?? Nooooo thanks

Well, my trip to the Vidal Sassoon Hairdressing Academy didn't end in tears... for ONCE someone in London did something right and listened to the customer! (I must point out that most of the students were from Japan, Korea, Spain... basically anywhere BUT the UK).

After arriving at the Academy in Bond St and waiting around for a bit we all lined up to tell this guy briefly what we wanted. I could hear "Trim", "nothing drastic", "Bob cut"... all these people got a tag and directed to the academy in the street over. I stepped up and said something to the effect "I want to keep the length but do something a bit different". As the words left my mouth I instantly had thoughts of ending up in an advanced cutting classroom with shards of my hair everywhere complete with blue streaks. "I mean..! Not TOO different!" I said, thinking I had saved myself. "Sit over there please" the guy gave me a piece of paper (I could make out the words 'Comps' and 'Kbridge'" and sat with about 6 others. I finally figured out that kbridge was Knightsbridge. This made me feel a little more at ease. Knightsbridge is quite an upper class part of town.. hopefully I was one of a lucky few off to be modelled by some professionals! No, it was not to be, still students, but in a small boutique of Vidal Sassoon with a very cool and helpful teacher at hand. I had a friendly Japanese chick start playing with my hair deciding I should indeed keep the length (Thank GOD!) but should add some volume and funk. I liked what I heard and said they could go nuts. She got in there and chopped up a storm and as she dried it I was a little disappointed thinking she'd just cut a regular two-layer do (boooooring), then she grabbed the mirror... not what I expected, but I was very pleased! For 4 quid 50, this is undoubtedly the best hair cut I've had! (See below for yourselves)

Russell Brand seemed to be her inspiration with "messy" being the word most used in two hours

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! looks gr8..... "sigh" but then the looks are in the genes... hugs xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Damn girl, you look great. Cant wait to catch up soon. Love ya, Judi

Anonymous said...

Nice work tiger ;)

Found a bottle-o on the trip home that sells Southwark Bitter aka Green Death for only $30 a slab all year round.... (jimeon accent)BARGAIN. Have you ever stopped to wonder how the gods have aligned the mighty SOUTHies with the beauty that is SOUTHwark bitter...

Summer is amongst us, 38C today, BBQ's and ice cold beer... only pity no tickets to the ashes

All I'm waiting for is christmas
Never has work been so tiresome
Dire need of the chop and sausages
Yes to a Green Death

Please watch this for me
All will be revealed
Never a funnier segment than
Dave Chappelle with a big
Yes to Rick James

truck on

Anonymous said...

No respect.
None!