Friday, November 03, 2006

Sweet Home Alab... Adelaide

A guy I used to work for is visiting Oz over Christmas and happens to be going to a wedding in Adelaide. Here's a transcript of the emails going back and forth yesterday... made me think how much I actually love my little city..!

Dave: Renee, Unfortunately i can't go to Michael's bash. This is because i will be tucking into a 4+20 Meat Pie (the taste that made Australia great) in or around your home town and am thus unavailable for black pudding treats in London around this time... Dave

Me: Bugger the 4 n 20's.. tuck into a Balfours pie (with dead 'orse), Coopers Pale Ale, yiros (with LOADS of garlic sauce) and have an Farmers Union Iced Coffee. When in Adelaide....

Dave: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater

This lead to me spending the whole of yesterday look at South Australia related articles on Wikipedia (haha... The Old Gum Tree and the O-Bahn??) and harping on to everyone about how good Yiros's are.


A list of what I want to do when I'm home:

- Sunday session at the Grand!
- Cook a barbie (while it's actually hot) and have everything with barbecue sauce. (They don't have it here... they have "brown sauce"??!)
- Knock back some super chilled Pale's (and grab a jug of Pale at the Austral when they have em for $8)
- Sit in Elder Park
- Drive along King William Street (now realising how tiny it is!) up over North Terrace and past Adelaide Oval
- Watch a footy match at Noarlunga Oval (Go you Panthers!! (or "YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!" as Robert Pyman put it so eloquently to me)
- Visit Dan at Charlesworth nuts for free samples. THE BEST NUTS IN THE WORLD.
- Eat a yiros from Rundle Street... and one from Jetty Road (and not smear the garlic sauce all over my arm and the table... oh dear)
- Marion shopping centre. (I miss shopping centres so much!!)
- Get a yogy from Central Markets!! MOCHA YOGY!!!!
- Shop for Bonds undies and trackies, Berlei bras and JeansWest jeans
- Drive up to Hahndorf/Murray Bridge.. I love the Hysen Tunnels!
- Walk down the Glenelg jetty (mmmm sea air)
- Visit DECS and the newly refurbished Wakey (I don't care if it's name has been changed.. it'll ALWAYS be the Wakey)
- Day trip to Victor (complete with Hairy Lemon soundtrack)
- Get a picture of me holding a koala at Cleland... just so I can bring it back and show everyone my 'pet' Koala.


Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the hysen tunnels too...or is that hymen...i forget

Anonymous said...

Hug the malls balls,
You know you want to !!