Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What to feed an Ipod

It seems that, despite Towsty's nagging and disapproving looks, looking after one's Ipod does nothing to save it from fucking up. My brand new Ipod, after only 4 months of use, is slowly dying. Somehow many tracks have become unfit to play (although can sometime be played in Itunes) and when I try to download them from the hard drive it throws error after error at me.. hence I stand to lose a hell of a lot of music. I am more than annoyed.

So far the Ipod bug has chewed at A Perfect Circle, The Living End, Foo Fighters, Raconteurs, Tool, The Black Keys, Alanis, Metallica... at least it has good taste.


++++++


In other news, I've had one of the most sober weeks on record for a while. It all started after the Citigroup party 2 November... they were the first of many banks to throw a Christmas party for their clients, and as such, much champagne was consumed (complete with it being held at Oxo Tower - overlooking the Thames and St Paul's.. photo's to follow). 2 magnums of champers later and this little troll had to be put in a taxi by one of her work elders. Coming into work the next day was like entering a battlefield... wounded and weak people lie slumped over their desks... bags of toast and bacon sanga's everywhere... the smell of hangovers was in the air. I'm not quite sure how I made it through Friday but, finally, the weekend came around. Saturday was Guy Fawkes celebrations... despite STILL feeling like shit, I proceeded to eat my triumphant sambuca jelly (and got everyone else addicted at the same time). BIG mistake. Hours later we ended up in the back yard drinking Stella and theorising about what great people we were and why we deserved better jobs/lives...

Thus came another Sunday in bed, for the entire day. The past two weekends had shaped up like this and I was sick of it! I was wasting the mere 5 hours of sunlight I was given to enjoy and I wasn't having anymore of it!

I've started back on serious point counting and the hitting the gym hard. Last Friday I did a 2 hour session then headed home for a wholesome night of mucking around with housemates and sleeping long hours. How refreshing was it to wake up on Saturday without a hangover?! And at 8:30am!! Saturday was jam-packed... I joined the Shebu library (and as such loaded up on books to fill in the time), we ALMOST bought a goldfish from the markets, Argos'd a house phone and a few things for my room and hit Morrisons up for some much needed roasting accessories. After rushing home it was off to the Natural History Museum with Ro to check out the Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards (muy bien!) then back home to waste away a cold winters night with Jarrod, the tv and a glass of wine (ONE! ... and maybe one or two very sneaky glasses of scotch. But thats it!!).

I awoke on Sunday feeling pretty good... early too! Called home and still had time to hit the High Rd for more supplies and join Jarrod up to the Hamm library (NEEEEERDS INCORPORATED). We discovered the giant Tesco's hidden in between our two main roads (oh my god!!!!) then wasted the arvo watching Justin host some music awards... ohhhh it was worth it.. ;)

So, I learnt a valuable lesson. This weekend I plan to do much the same thing. Mostly forced by my bank account to do so, but also, it felt so good being able to do all these things I'd talked about for so long (pet store, library, pc supplies etc) simply cause I wasn't stuck in bed feeling like shit! As my mum pointed out 'See Renee, as you get older, you just can't drink as much as you used to!'. I beg to differ with that, but at least I'm now learning from the disasterous hangovers. (Only 18 days til our Christmas dinner, where I can kiss sobriety goodbye...)

No comments: