Friday, January 20, 2006

Doing my country proud

I truly believe in jinxes. If you ever tell yourself (or others) 'I'm not having a big one' you will jinx your night (and turn it into a ridiculous drinking binge).

Last night was one of those nights.

Why must everyone insist on going out during the week?! I am absolutely buggered. I forgot to set my alarm so bolted out of bed when I realised it was EIGHT THIRTY. Bollocks.

I did a very patriotic thing last night.. joined by another Aussie from work we sang Jet's Are You Gonna Be My Girl along with the karaoke machine downstairs at the local bar. We were brilliant (from what I remember). Not only was it momentous as we were singing an Australian classic, but, it was my very first attempt at karaoke. And I loved it!

Onto other Oz news... Reece, if you are reading this HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I tried to ring you from the tube last night but my phone was having a spaz attack and not dialing out internationally. Perhaps it could have had something to do with being in underground tunnels... either way, I hope you got my pressie and had an awesome day, I'll try and ring you tonight when I get home... I will not be on the sauce tonight. (Do you think I just jinxed myself again??)

No comments: