Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Oz Day!!!

So many things to report, so little time! I'm currently rushing through a pile of work so I can make the pub for 12.30 ... and not come back (in true Ocker fashion!). I planned to have lots of sleep then a big breakfast to keep me going for today. That plan turned into being woken up every hour with texts or phone calls updatign me on the JJJ Hottest 100, which I didn't mind so much until I slept through my alarm due to being so overtired! (And I'd like to say - who fucking voted for Bernard Fanning to win the countdown anyway?!).

In other news
- Poms don't know what lamingtons are - OH MY GOD. I only just realised how much I wanted one when I realised they weren't available here.
- Ash refuses to eat Vegemite, as does everyone else.
- Wearing Australiana gear to work doesn't get you in as much shit as you'd think
- TOOL HAVE ANNOUNCED THEY ARE HEADLINING ROSKILDE (or so they say). So need to book tickets, like, right now.

Err.. too much else to think about at the moment. Off to the pub in 1.5 hours and counting down..


P.S. - It was so good to hear from everyone, albeit at 4am!! I can't believe I survived missing the huge annual bash.. but I'll be back for next years and will celebrating harder than ever! And Jarrod... get your arse over here already mate, and bring Nadia with you!!!

Cheers big ears!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so there already.
seriously but its the fucking reason i'm getting outta bed in the morning. i'll be there soon enough. when is tool playing? i rly wanna see them over there and here if possible.

fuckin oath hunters and collectors!
burnard fanning is a giant minger that i now hate more than jet.

had the best australia day evar!

-Jarrod

PS. sorry if i woke you up :P

Rez said...

(vicky voice) OHHHH MYYY GOOOOD (/vicky voice). Three festivals have earmarked Tool to play. We pray and hope that this is true. June 2-4 in Germany.. TRUE DAT.

GET OVER HERE NOW. I need some gig/drunk eediot friends to hang with. London in winter SUCKS.

Anonymous said...

ugh! i just hope they are still there when i arrive. if they play melbourne the week after i leave i'd be evar so pissed.

i'm saving as hard as i can. trust me i'll be ready to gig it up and drink to the max. there are a stupid amount of bands playing here in the next 4 months.. about 15 or so.. most internationl.. bands that i'd kill to see live. yet i can't go cos i have to save. but i AM going to see the misfits and BSS no matter the cost

i'll be there quicker that you can say "tickety boo".. well maybe not. i just wanted to type tickerty boo :P