Wednesday, December 14, 2005

City dweller, successful fella

Current music: Blur's Greatest Hits

Well, happy days... I have a job (starting tomorrow) and a house as of Sunday. Who knew we'd end up in a sharehouse?! It's actually a pretty sweet set up, especially compared to the absolute shitholes we had to check out. We each have a double room. Mine's big enough to fit another double bed in and V has a bay window. There are 5 bedrooms and 6 people all up. Most of them are Aussies. It's in Willesden Green (which probably means nothing to you... check your tube maps!!).

It's about 5 minutes from the station and we have two, that's right TWO local Sainsburys.... I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!! However.... they don't sell tim tams. I was assured in good faith that I wouldn't have a problem finding vegemite, twisties, Coopers or tim tams here... but no!! Unless you want to visit the Australiana stores and pay £8 (ie about 20 bucks) you're screwed. Not happy Jan. Needless to say I have sent my family a Christmas wishlist and my new address. (165 Fleetwood Rd, Willesden Green, London, NW101NP just in case anyone feels the need to forward me gifts, food, money et al).

In other news I am considering paying 80 quid for a ticket to the sold out Foo Fighters show at Earls Court on the weekend... I missed out on Franz, I may very well miss Coldplay, I need some live music! I have a lot of time for the music scene here, the commercial radios spin Strokes and the Darkness amongst other rock acts that would never be heard on Nova.

Can't think of much else to write. Busy getting myself organised for work tomorrow.. ugh.. I haven't worked for three weeks, the honeymoon is over! But then the weekend comes and we move into our own space. I cannot wait. Saturday we (the Aussie lot - me, Ness, Nat and Towsty) are planning on going ice skating in front of the huge Christmas tree... they sell warm cider there.. can you ask for more?!). So things are looking up for the holidays.

Here's to the warm weather back home and drinking strongbow on the tube after purchasing the cans from off license Paki shops.

X

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rez!
Oh my god i wish i was there...especially as i sit in front of the computer waiting for the clock to tick over. Just another friday, i think wer'e going to the Medina. But tomorrow i'm off to Melbourne with my sis to see Green Day. Don't believe a word Lorenzo says...he druged me to get into that bubble bath! :P I was thinking of getting world cup tickets...if so i'll be knocking on your door sometime in the summer!

Say a big hello to V and that man of mystery...yes you know who i'm talking about...Towsty. I can see him now in his tights on the ice...so graceful.

Enough said!
Ciao!
Adrian

Anonymous said...

Cvnts on Ice?

Sounds spectacular.

Rez said...

Adsy.. you're off to see Greenday.. you animal! You need to not let Lorenzo be so influential.. you know what he's like (although I know you love it ;P). Totally get world cup tickets.. I'm thinking of going myself. And if you come over you know you can bunk with me.. our house has 5 chicks and one dude.. you'll be right as rain. (Trust me, Towsty's already tried to have a crack).

Stay sane.. yay only 5 days til Christmas!!

x

Rez said...

Fortunately nasty, there were no cvnts on ice. Actually... there were. However, Towsty and I stayed in.