Thursday, December 01, 2005

Is it 30/11 or 1/12??

(backdated entry)

After what seemed like an eternity in Sydney Airport we finally landed in Singapore. It's 2am-ish, a balmy 26 degrees and I've had about 20 minutes sleep and too much food. Luckily though I'm not feeling any swelling in my legs which I'd been warned about.I had my first chance to use sterling - 5 quid for 2 smirnoff blacks - great! I'm feeling quite bloated but under the circumstances its bearable. I think I'm so tired now I'd sleep feeling shitty anyway.

Speaking of, as I pulled my jeans off in the airport to exchange them for much needed trackies, I punched myself in the lip - fantastic bruising if I don't say so myself. Keep drifting off and having weird reams about people from home, mostly those I spoke to just prior to leaving. Very bizarre!

I think I may be getting on Vanessa's nerves, but at this point in time we're both finding it hard to be pleasant when we're woken up, asked for ID, trudged through security and carrying 10kg of unmanagable hand luggage. Oh well, at least they have Little Britain for inflight entertainment. Here's to the next 7 hours.

P.S. Loved Darling Harbor - saw but a glimpse of Sydney today and would like to see more. It's HUGE.. I don't know how I survived in Adelaide for so long. Bring on London!!

*****

Post from somewhere over Cyprus

Well, the Abu Dhabi airport is quite an experience. It is a spectacle - blue and green mosaic cover the ground, walls, and roof. Lots of gold about the place and camel souvenirs (which I unfortunately didn't buy). Smoking is allowed inside - bizarre. The outside is like a scene from Star Wars, sand everywhere, buildings look like little huts as does the airport. Got through secutiry which was a relief. Left there at 6am their time, it was already 20 degrees. Had to buy an Abu Dhabi diet coke - 80p! same taste (I didn't care once the duty free scotch was added).

We're now back on the plane, had breakfast (hard to tell what time it is) have been informed that we'll land at noon (an hour late) to 8 degrees. ARGH!! It'll be hard not to sleep when we arrive.

No comments: