Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Merry Bloody Christmas!

Well, most surprisingly (no, really), we spent Christmas with about 15 other Aussies absolutely crammed into the second floor of someone's house. Megs had invited Andrew, Vanessa and I along to this shindig and it was very different than what we expected.

The day started off very well, V woke us up with a bottle of champers and there was much frivolity and presents (yay presents!!!).

The chrissy do was fabulous, food EVERYWHERE (mmmm roast.... won't be having that again for a long while), people everywhere all dressed in shorts, thongs and Aus garb (love it) and lots of booze (duh). Let's just say that inviting me anywhere for a lunch including drinks means you will have a very drunk girl to deal with come dinner time. Therefore I don't think I should have to write that I don't remember a thing after around 9pm (when we left). [The only thing I kind of remember, which is hilarious for a few reasons, is Megs dropping the rest of her trifle on the ground and then proceeding to try and scrape it back into the plastic bag. Somehow I was convinced that I had to lick her hands to aid her carrying the bag home... crazy kids.]

It was good meeting some new people, they're all 'locals' and mostly worked at the Dog with Megs or worked there before her... or work there now. Needless to say we should never have any problems getting in.

Well.. I now have three days 'off' work. I've just come back from Oxford St sales... and am a little disappointed. There was shit all I was actually interested in and none of it was really THAT discounted. However in this town I thinks its a case of too much variety, not knowing what you want (and I have only spent £12 on a jacket so it's all good).

Preparing for Belfast... woohoo! So really am trying to look for something to wear on NYE.. although it will be bloody cold and we'll be doing a pub crawl so I don't think the need is there to dress up to the nines. Got to organise a hair colour and packing also - good god all our local hairdressers look like they couldn't even open a store at Colonades... so help me god if I come out looking like more of an English slapper than I do now. (Give my respects to Black Widow).

Well lads and lasses, I forgot my camera lead hence no photos for today, but rest assured there were a few good ones taken at Chrissy and there will be a shiteload more taken on NYE.

OH... AND HOW COULD I FORGET?! Unless you were one of the unlucky few that probably got awoken by my message the other night/morning... we had snow for the first time since I've been here... real snow!! It was amazing.. it wasn't snowing that hard but enough to make everything white and so pretty! That's when I had my 'We're not in Kansas anymore Toto' moment.

Hope everyone has an awesome New Year... I want to hear lots of stories and will perhaps talk to many of you whilst pissed (just ask Christer about that.. poor thing had me in his ear for at least half an hour on Christmas night).

Til then!!
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stinky cvnt.
We are in Sydney at the mo wearing his and hers army caps emblazoned with the word VULGY on them. HA HA - we are so hilares (we think so anyway.)

Have done a lot of shopping and sightseeing - we're running out of things to do because we've done it all. Highlight was jetboating across the harbour. We thought we were shit hot so we didn't wear the suits they gave us, and ended up getting completely soaked. However... it was great.

Tomorrow's New Years and they're preparing the bridge as we speak. There's a big heart on it. We have to get there at the sparrow's fart tomorrow to try and get a good possie for the night. Should be good though.

Some photos to follow perhaps.

For now... TOODS.

Oh PS, we got pissed with Joel Edgerton last night.
xx

Rez said...

URKscuse me?! Joel Edgerton?? Explain!! The rest I shall talk to you about via the phone whilst you're pissed and I convince you to call *waves*

TC!
X