Friday, December 30, 2005

What's going to happen to Dennis??

In just over 13 hours we'll be dragging our sorry arses out of bed and off to the tube so we can get to Luton and go to Ireland. I'm looking forward to it and am kind of nervous at the same time. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe I'm just hungry.

Looking very forward to seeing another country (although technically we won't be leaving our country). I can't believe it's New Years though.. this past couple of months has been a complete blur. I'm sure I'll look back on it one day and wonder what the hell I was thinking - and be so glad I did it.

Have been speaking to a lot of people from back home.. starting to feel a touch homesick.. you just never get used to -2 during the day and hearing of developments with the family back home makes me want to be a part of it. But, that said, I'm still enjoying my time here and thats what matters!

Had a few drinks with Dylan last night (one of my many housemates) who is fresh back from Finland. He is an absolute gem. His friend Tommy is staying with us (a guy from Austin).. so sweet and his accent is awesome! Dylan is gay but we're still trying to work out if he and Tom are 'friends' or 'friends friends'. Ahh the mysteries of life.

We're all going to the pub tonight for a few quiet ones before heading home for last minute packing. It's so refreshing to be heading to the airport with nothing but a backpack... a small one!! I'm very grateful.

Not sure that there's anything else to report. Oh, my hair colouring went off without so much as a hitch (except the chick made ME pick which colour to use... is that not what 2 years at beauty school qualifies you for??).

Well, I hope everyone has a smashing New Years (and gets suitably smashed and/or otherwise). I plan to ;)

Ciao for now, love to you all!!

R.I.P Kerry Packer.. someone the English can only identify as creator of World Series cricket. Don't get me wrong, for that we will be forever grateful, just these people can't seem to figure he was famous for so many other reasons. Ahh the British, you have to love them (whilst giving them shit behind their backs).

(Oh yeah, and in regards to the post title... I must get home in time for East Enders... I think Ruby's dad is going to kill Dennis... no!!!!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Hotstuff, Chad says hi. Yeah right!! Sounds like you're having too much fun over there. Tried SMSing on NYE. Hope you have a great 2006 and Living on a Prayer got belted out at least once.

Rez said...

Hahahahahahaha I have one photo of him which is most appropriate.. him dancing around to Sugababes whilst getting ready to go out..........to The Discotechque (he also spent NYE at G.A.Y. {:$). Sadly I don't think you'd pass him, however he is HILARIOUS. His Kiwi accent actually isn't THAT annoying.

Rez said...

Hello Mr Willox!!

I didn't get your message :(
I was however informed by someone back home that 'a Cornes' got married on New Years Eve.... it better not be Chad!!!!

Living On A Prayer got belted out on Christmas Day from memory! I'm looking forward to singing it at many more inappropriate moments :)

Hope all is well in Adelaide, I'm having fun but missing it dearly. Trust me!

Take care!!

Anonymous said...

I spent New Years staying with kiwis in Sydney, and as ridiculous and pathetic (Ralphesque?) as it sounds, I came home saying (occasional) words like a facking kiwi.
Every now and then I'd say "whin" instead of "when", etc. God help me when I actually go overseas and am properly exposed to accents.
The rest of my Sydney tales can wait until I ring you next. Ta ta.