Friday, December 23, 2005

Take me back to you, it's been a long time

What a day yesterday was... ups and downs. I eventually got my arse to Ikea and bought a feather down quilt... BLISS. I slept like a baby, albeit for only 5 and a half hours (ARGH). Megs (one of my new housemates) and I stayed up drinking and talking til about 1am. She's gorgeous.. and we're so alike it's BIZARRE. She's my age but has done SO much more than I have. Just talking to her has motivated me to get my shit together. We've been invited to chill with her mates on Christmas Day (yay roast lunch!!) which will be awesome. Proably going to catch up with her tonight at the 'Dog ('The Spotted Dog' our new local).

Rethinking the drinking situation though..last nights cider binge made me have the most weird ass dream. There were stacks of people from home in it, including tons of my family. My friends were all ignoring me and my family crashed the house I was living in... where I was shacked up with a guy I work with (and am so not interested in!). Very bizarre to say the least.

Well, back to work.. finish at 2 today (yay - except boo cause I don't get paid). I am desperate to check my emails and am trying my hardest to get access. Also I'm switching phone providers soon so I am hoping like hell my phone doesn't die on Christmas Eve!! Will be hooking myself up with a telephone card asap. My home number is 0208 450 9104 (have no bloody idea about international codes) in case anyone feels the need to get pissed and call international without thinking about it - Matt this mostly applies to you (thanks for the voicemail of Jon Stevens... I felt like such a proud Aussie in the middle of my office yesterday morning. You bogan!!). Keep sending the love - I appreciate all the messages and emails.. am feeling a bit homesick at the moment so it helps!

Oh and in a totally delirious moment I bought a bottle of Jacobs Creek Chardonnay last night for £5.50 at Tesco's. I was in such a mood at the time that I didn't care and thought that wine and food from home would make me feel better! Bring on the champers!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss tesco!

merry xmas and have a great new years!
-jen xoxo

Rez said...

Tesco's rule (but Sainsbury's is soooo my pick!)

I will have a good New Years... Ireland here we come! (sorry, Northern Ireland).

Take care!!
x