Tuesday, December 06, 2005

This fire is outta control

Will someone turn the heat down PLEASE?? Everyday the papers warn there is a gas shortage and it could be a very cold christmas should the gas run out. Maybe it's because everywhere you go they think it's below freezing outside and crank the heat up over 30 degrees. It's insanity. I think the lack of daylight is playing with their minds. It's certainly playing with mine.

This morning we moved the rest of our gear (part one was done last night) to Vanessa's friends place in Ealing (coincidentally only a few suburbs over from Andrew). She lives in a sharehouse with 5 other people and we're staying in her room with her. Very... different. We're still on the job hunting/house hunting trail. It's hard to be motivated about it when all you want to do is go and experience the sights.

Today I went to Bond Street for the first time. I think it's one of my favourite places so far. Everything is so clean and the shops are all huge. It's on par with Oxford and Regent streets (which are very close by). Will defnititely have to go back for a closer look. Another part of town I've really come to like (and am looking for accommodation in) is Hammersmith. It's nice without being posh and is still in zone 2, so is close enough to the city. The Apollo being located there is merely the icing on the cake (says she praying that Tool will pull their finger out, release an album and announce many tours in the UK).

On an unrelated note, I am completely addicted to Starbucks. They are EVERYWHERE. I highly recommend the Chocolate Mint Bliss. Fabulous on a cold morning whilst waiting for the tube.

Keep sending emails people, I like hearing how much people miss me. Makes me feel important.

X

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats - now you can buy houses/hotels for the green Monopoly group.

How much of the board is left to conquer?

I know you've done a couple of yellows...

TC.

Rez said...

That is so bizarre... everytime we get off the tube and land on a street we always say 'Is this green or blue??'.

Haha, it's time to buy Monopoly.

TC!
x

Anonymous said...

I doubt you'd have been to any 'blue' areas.

I think 'purple' is more your style.

Old Cvnt Road?